Simple Updates to Create a Warm and Engaging Office Space
May 19 2021
As more people leave their home offices and return to the workplace, it’s important to make sure that this transition isn’t jarring. Employees will be leaving behind the comfort and convenience of home, but that doesn’t mean the new workspace can’t be warm, inviting, creative and engaging. The challenge for interior designers is how to quickly add these design elements on a budget.
That’s why Old Mill Brick’s commercial
thin bricks are an ideal solution for this unique challenge. They’re durable, cost-effective,
easy-to-install and come in a variety of colors, styles and finishes that add on-trend
charm to a drab space without that’s DIY-easy to install without breaking the
Here are 5 Tips to Update Office Space for the Returning Workforce
- Go for a minimalist theme: It is important to settle on an office design theme that adds warmth without becoming a distraction. You can do this by selecting an aesthetic commercial thin brick design that suits and aligns with your brand. Use colored grout as an accent to compliment your brick color.
- Choose an appropriate color: Color plays an important role in how we perceive things, doesn’t it? Choose warmer brick colors and designs to avoid your workplace from looking cluttered and informal. A rustic red, earthy brown or clean white brick can help create the right vibe. Old Mill Brick has over 30 unique color options to choose from, and hundreds more custom colors available in loose thin brick or our easy to install Brickwebb™.
- Make your floors stand out: Thin brick is an ideal option when it comes to redesigning your office floors. Since thin bricks are highly durable, they make for a visually appealing choice for an entryway, hallway or transition in a commercial office space. Our clay kiln-fired bricks ensure that there’s no chipping and cracking in high foot traffic areas. For more pro tips on how to use thin bricks in your flooring, here’s a great blog post.
- Style your office with accent walls: Exposed brick is a timeless design accent in interior design. Accent walls are multi-purpose as they fulfill a plethora of aesthetic and practical functions that can give your office a complete makeover. Old Mill Brick’s products can be used in a variety of patterns and designs to create the look you want. Here’s how you can install one.
- Add an artsy flavor: After you’ve got your thin bricks in place, they can be used as a canvas upon which to add your next design element. Add metallic elements to create an industrial feel, or wood and other natural elements to create a country or farmhouse look. Mixing brick and grout colors can create a variety of looks simply and easily.